The Howard University Medical Alumni Association (HUMAA), founded in 1871, is seeking an exceptional and experienced Administrative Assistant to support the Executive Director in a small, yet busy office. Due to the pandemic, remote work is possible.
Administrative (40%) - Provides administrative support, which includes but is not limited to, answering the telephone, scheduling appointments, directing critical calls, data entry into donor databases, and handling confidential, high profile, and time-sensitive matters involving donors and prospects, campus administrators, faculty, staff, collaborating institutions, and the community. He/She will also provide administrative support to the Board of Directors, including scheduling board meetings, notification of meetings, and composing meeting minutes.
Events – (30%) - Coordinate logistics for meetings, conferences, and special events. Assist in planning annual major events and networking events.
Development & Alumni Support (20%) - Assists in the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects and donors. Works with the ED and board members to establish and build relationships that will benefit alumni and students as well as optimize philanthropic support with a focus on increasing alumni engagement and giving participation.
Communications (10%) – Draft and distribute the e-newsletter and alumni e-communications. Edit content for print/digital collateral with the ED. Execute HUMAA’s social media strategy
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience as an Administrative/Executive Assistant is required.
- Excellent writing/editing skills and telephone presentation skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, internet research and E-communications.
- Working knowledge of donor management software is a plus.
- Must be willing to work on occasional evenings/weekends, with occasional travel expectations.
- Passionate about HUMAA’s mission.
- Higher education alumni office experience is a plus.
- Must pass a criminal history background check.
Salary/Benefits: $50,000 per year with excellent benefits. HUMAA offers 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short & long term disability, participation in a 403(b) plan, and generous paid-time-off benefits (20 days PTO, and 10 paid holidays).
Please Forward your Resume and Statement of Interest (DOC or PDF format) to email@example.com with “Administrative Assistant” in Subject Line.
Due to the current pandemic, the following is our recruitment process.
1. Candidates who are selected we will invite to (1) a 15-30-minute telephone screening.
2. Applicants may be asked to complete an administrative skills test.
3. Second-round applicants will be invited to a 30-minute Zoom (or Facetime) interview
No phone calls please. This position description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. HUMAA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.